We are seeking a highly motivated, detail focused, team-oriented individual to fill a Network Engineer position with a major hospital facility in Central Virginia.
This is a full time role which duties will include:
- Performing advanced implementation/support for systems, application and monitoring.
- Responsible for installing, configuring, and maintaining operating system workstations and servers, including web servers, in support of business processing requirements.
- Performs software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages.
- Schedules installations and upgrades and maintains them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures.
- Monitors and tunes the system to achieve optimum performance levels.
- Develops and promotes standard operating procedures. Conducts routine hardware and software audits of servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies and configuration guidelines.
- Develops and maintains a comprehensive operating system hardware and software configuration database/library of all supporting documentation.
- Provides integrated team support and maintenance of LAN hardware and software.
- Provides design and implementation support for server hardware including HP Server line, Microsoft Windows operating systems, Active Directory, Group Policy, TCP/IP/DHCP/DNS, Microsoft SQL, Clustering, WLBS, SAN/NAS, Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft Hyper-V Virtual Server, and advanced support.
- Possess SQL knowledge to include query syntax, SQL security, best practices, SSIS package development, performance monitoring, performance tuning, SQL reporting, troubleshooting, high availability and backup/recovery.
- Typically supports between 30-50 servers. Provides on call support during nightly on call rotation and upon escalation.
- MCSE or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Position will include additional responsibilities of:
- Communicate effectively both verbal and writtenLead efforts in testing and evaluating new systems
- Lead efforts in the design, testing and implementation of new systems architectures
- Reviewing and performing root cause analysis of complex issues
- Increasing efficiencies and reducing error through refinement of existing and new procedures
- Identification and implementation of new and/or improved technology/processes to increase cost savings
- Identification and implementation of end to end performance metrics
- Perform other project and operational related tasks as assigned
- Successful candidate must be able to work as part of a team effectively and also work independently.