We have the following 1+ year project in Raleigh, NC.
The details follow:
The Dept of Health and Human Services (DHHS) is seeking a short term (approx 12 month) Programmer. This position will provide and assist with the design, develop, modification, testing, and implementation to uplift the current technology of the web-based Division of Social Services (DSS) Crisis Intervention Program system from a classic ASP application to a .net application. All changes to this application and its infrastructure must be addressed in a professional manner using the System Development Life Cycle methodology to insure success and to meet the business needs of the Division of Social Services.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements:
· Minimum of three (3) years of experience in web-based system design, development and support with strong technical programming experience.
Experience the following specialized areas of application system programming:
o ASP.NET 4.0 or later, Visual Studio.NET 2008, C#.NET, Classic ASP, Team Foundation Server, MS Sql Server 2008 or later
o Knowledge of Web Service standards (SOAP, UDDI, WSDL), IIS 7.0
o Well versed in designing MS SQL databases, MS Sql Server Stored Procedures
o SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
o Strong experience with WCF, web services, JQuery, .Net Membership Providers and LINQ
· Strong experience designing and working with n-tier architectures (UI, Business Logic Layer, Data Access Layer)
· Good experience with service-oriented architectures (SOA)
· Demonstrated skill and experience in preparing implementation plans to multiple platforms
· Desired experience and understanding of classic ASP applications
· Ability to translate and communicate highly technical concepts to both technical personnel and non-IT business users
· Must have the ability to organize, prioritize, and follow complex and/or detailed technical procedures
· Work independently and perform job with minimal supervision
· Demonstrates that all programming adheres to application development frameworks to ensure reusability, maintainability, extensibility and reliability
· Assist with the development of technical recommendations and implement policy and standards relating to the design, creation, security and recovery for web-based applications