View Job: "Web Designer"
We have the following 6 month contract with the SC Department of Revenue in Columbia, SC. Details follow:
SCBOS develops and maintains a publicly exposed web site for the collection of tax filings and tax payments. SCBOS is seeking a Website Designer to lead the design and development of a new user interface for the transactional-side of the web site.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
Under limited supervision of the SCBOS Development Manager, the Contractor is responsible for the execution and delivery of services required, including, but not limited to:
Time-frame: Position to begin on or around 5/14/2012, not to exceed 6 calendar months.
Position will be based at the South Carolina Department of Revenue main office, 301 Gervais Street, Columbia, SC 29201. Computer, phone, and access to printers, copiers, and fax will be provided. Meetings may be held at offices of other SCBOS participants in the Columbia area.
- Ability to plan, organize, deal effectively with the needs of technical peers, technical and user management, end users, vendors, and staff members
- 7 years as a Website Designer
- 4 years experience developing web applications
- 6 years experience with Adobe Photoshop
- 1 year experience with Microsoft Expression Blend
- Extensive experience with web technologies, including:
- Skill in writing original material and in synthesizing, organizing, rewriting, refining, formatting, and editing rough-draft material while maintaining the integrity of the ideas.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Flexible and easily adapts to changing priorities