We have the following 1+ year TESTING COORDINATOR position available in Columbia, South Carolina. Details follow:
This position will initially support a large project whose team brings significant experience along with an “entrepreneurial” or “startup” attitude and approach. The team is a combination of industry focused information technology professionals and experienced consultants. We are seeking individuals who are highly productive, very flexible, and can work effectively in an environment where ambiguity is common. Team members are expected to contribute with minimal supervision and be self-motivated. The project demands for individuals who are strong collaborators, who want to make a positive contribution to the State of South Carolina, can understand top-level goals and objectives, and drive toward them.
This position could carry over to other projects as directed by the PMO director.
Candidates who enjoy working on complex, change-oriented projects with motivated team members will find this position attractive.
SCOPE OF THE PROJECT:
The Replacement MMIS and associated projects are among the most complex IT projects taken on by the State’s Department of Health and Human Services. This project is an effort to replace the State’s aging Medicaid systems with a multi-tier application environment that requires modern technologies, technical practices and substantial collaboration with a variety of stakeholders.
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
The State seeks a skilled professional with relevant testing coordination experience who can work independently and alongside the State agency representatives and all impacted Third Party vendors to perform the following. Testing activities will primarily be focused on the User Acceptance Testing, however participation may be requested for other testing phases:
- Formulation and implementation of Software Testing strategies
- Acts as liaison between State and vendor with testing activities; provides oversight/approval of vendor unit/system integrated test plans and test results
- Resource management (allocation, monitoring, motivating etc); coordinates all activities and all testers related to and during the User Acceptance Testing (UAT) phase
- Co-operates with the State and project team(s) as required; maintains awareness of testing alternatives at a level where they can be analyzed and the most effective testing strategy selected and agreed
- Ensures that any risks associated with the agreed test strategy and the UAT test plan are clearly documented and described to the State and project team(s). Manages all risks associated with the testing and takes preventative action when any risks become unacceptable.
- Plans, arranges and controls meetings and relations with the State and project team(s) during test planning and throughout subsequent development and testing activities. Takes responsibility at a high level for the proper conduct of such relations
- Preparation/review of test plans
- Preparation/review of test reports
- Checking progress against targets, reporting as necessary and taking action to resolve
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
- Advanced knowledge of Software Testing theories and practices
- Supervision of Business Analyst/SME Testers
- Demonstrates ability to understand software requirements
- Demonstrates leadership skills on a regular basis
- Demonstrates effective communication, both orally and in writing, with
clients and customers at all levels, both formally and informally
- Ability to make decisions at the appropriate time, taking into account the needs of the situation, priorities, constraints and the availability of necessary information.
- Ability to acquire an understanding of the underlying issues in complex problems or situations by correctly relating these to simpler or better understood concepts, models or previous experiences.
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
- Medicaid Management Information
System (MMIS) experience
- Medicaid eligibility system/business operations experience.
- Familiar with Medicaid Information
Technology Architecture (MITA)
- Familiar with Medicaid Enterprise
Certification Toolkit (MECT)
- Commercial insurance and/or health care data experience
- Programming knowledge is a plus
- Public sector experience is a plus
- Project Management skills are a plus
- Familiar with CMS’ and the Affordable
Care Act provider enrollment regulations
Bachelor’s Degree is preferable.