View Job: "Sr Business Analyst"
|Title||Sr Business Analyst|
Tailwind Associates is an American owned and operated IT Staffing firm located in Schenectady, NY with government and commercial clients throughout the US. For over 20 years,
Tailwind has been providing the highest quality of IT staff to its clients, and has been able to offer thousands of IT professionals first-rate career opportunities. We offer excellent compensation, and an outstanding cafeteria style benefits plan is available.
The Senior IT Business Analyst is responsible for working with our client's business units to seek opportunities to effectively apply technology to business processes. The Senior Business Analyst will collect, clarify, and translate business requirements into documentation and conceptual design from which solutions are developed. In addition, the Senior Business Analyst will analyze and prioritize business unit needs, and participate with business units in the creation of business cases and business IT roadmaps. Also, the Senior Business Analyst should provide leadership and expertise as a technical resource on projects.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Capture, analyze, and document business and user requirements and translate into system functionality.
2. Working with business unit leadership, create compelling business cases for new technology initiatives.
3. Drive improved adoption of implemented technology by creating and monitoring metrics such as user satisfaction, usage, etc.
4. Identify issues and recommend solutions.
5. Working with business units, look for opportunities to re-engineer business processes as part of technology implementations.
6. Maintain updated applications documentation and training material.
7. Assist in preparation of the testing strategy and test plans; guide user acceptance testing.
8. Coordinate with the Project Management Office to ensure on-time project completion.
9. Participate, lead, and/or coordinate end-user training.
10. Work with development team to ensure end user requirements are met.
11. Contribute as technical lead on projects of all sizes.
12. Facilitate meetings.
13. Exhibit safety awareness and safe work practices.
14. 3rd level techno/functional systems support.
· BS/MS, preferably in a technology or business discipline.
· 3-6 plus years progressive business analysis experience.
· Experience with Process Manufacturing within Oracle e-Business Suite is required.
· Experience with Oracle e-Business Suite R12 upgrades a plus.
· Experience with cGMP and 21 CFR Part 11 a plus.
· Experience with testing tools and end-user training required.
· Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate well with others and reconcile differences among resources/departments.
· Excellent written/verbal skills with demonstrated ability to present and articulate compelling proposals to a non-technical audience.
· Proactive in learning new skills, applications, methodologies etc.
· Focus on problem solving / solution development.
· Ability to multitask and take part in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
· Effectively manage time and prioritize work with little oversight.
· Comfortable taking responsibility as technical lead on projects.
· Clear understanding of development life cycle.
· Active listener.
There are many reasons why millions of people proclaim emphatically, “I Love New York”, and the Capital Region is one of them. Albany, the capital of New York, is rich in history, cultural events, outdoors activities, and sporting events. Founded by Dutch fur traders in 1614, Albany is located at the confluence of the historic Mohawk River and the majestic Hudson River.
The Adirondack Mountains are 2 short hours away and they offer world-class skiing, fishing, camping, and hiking opportunities.
Saratoga, 11 months a year is a beautiful, sleepy Adirondack
village which is transformed every August into a Mecca for the rich and famous during horse racing season.
The Capital Region boasts some of the finest academic institutions in the World including RPI, Union College, Russell Sage, Skidmore, University at Albany, and Siena College. Schenectady is the home of Thomas Edison’s brain child, General Electric.
For more information, please see www.albany.org.