View Job: "Sr SharePoint Architect"
|Title||Sr SharePoint Architect|
Jobs list Tailwind Associates is an American owned and operated IT Staffing firm located in Schenectady, NY with government and commercial clients throughout the US. For over 20 years, Tailwind has been providing the highest quality of IT staff to its clients, and has been able to offer thousands of IT professionals first-rate career opportunities. We offer excellent compensation, and an outstanding cafeteria style benefits plan is available.
Tailwind Associates is an American owned and operated IT Staffing firm located in Schenectady, NY with government and commercial clients throughout the US. For over 20 years,
Tailwind has been providing the highest quality of IT staff to its clients, and has been able to offer thousands of IT professionals first-rate career opportunities. We offer excellent compensation, and an outstanding cafeteria style benefits plan is available.
The IT SharePoint Architect is the champion for solutions on the Microsoft SharePoint platform and will have a strong understanding of application design and development. Key responsibilities will include architecting, developing and testing critical enterprise solutions and implementing custom applications. In addition, the SharePoint Architect will collaborate with business units, business analysts, and project managers to create business IT roadmaps.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Provide technical and functional leadership for SharePoint upgrades.
· Lead architecture and design activities for SharePoint projects that focus on planning, deploying, and targeting new or significant modifications of existing enterprise SharePoint implementations.
· Demonstrate and evangelize SharePoint to effect user adoption – become the public face of SharePoint in the organization.
· Understand and implement QA procedures (Code review, Estimating, Peer review, Impact Analysis, Root cause analysis, etc.).
· Mentor the development team and perform code reviews.
· Participate in, lead, and/or coordinate end-user training.
· Exhibit safety awareness and safe work practices.
· BS/MS, preferably in a technology or business discipline.
· 3 to 6 years progressive technology experience.
· Expert knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint 2007 and 2010 Architecture.
· Working knowledge of related technologies such as: SQL Server, Internet Information Server, Active Directory, Visual Studio, SharePoint Designer, Team Foundation Server, and Microsoft Office desktop application integration with SharePoint.
· Experience with K2 Blackpearl a plus.
· .NET and SharePoint development experience.
· Strong Web development skills (HTML, DHTML, CSS, etc.).
· Experience with offshore software development.
· Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate well with others and reconcile differences among resources/departments.
· Excellent written/verbal skills with demonstrated ability to present articulate and compelling proposals to a non-technical audience
There are many reasons why millions of people proclaim emphatically, “I Love New York”, and the Capital Region is one of them. Albany, the capital of New York, is rich in history, cultural events, outdoors activities, and sporting events. Founded by Dutch fur traders in 1614, Albany is located at the confluence of the historic Mohawk River and the majestic Hudson River.
The Adirondack Mountains are 2 short hours away and they offer world-class skiing, fishing, camping, and hiking opportunities. Saratoga, 11 months a year is a beautiful, sleepy Adirondack
village which is transformed every August into a Mecca for the rich and famous during horse racing season.
The Capital Region boasts some of the finest academic institutions in the World including
RPI, Union College, Russell Sage, Skidmore, University at Albany, and Siena College. Schenectady is the home of Thomas Edison’s brain child, General Electric.
For more information, please see www.albany.org.