Tailwind Associates, with offices in NY, NC and TX, has supported the Information Technology needs of both our public and private sector clients for over 15 years. We are looking to add to our team of experienced Information Technology professionals. All full time employees are offered a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. We can also work on a corp to corp scenario.
We need an Application Architect for our direct State gov't client in Raleigh, NC.
It is a year project with possible extension. Full details follow:
North Carolina Dept. of Transportation (NCDOT) is seeking an Application Architect contractor for an approximately 12 month engagement on existing NCDOT, Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV) projects. The Application Architect will be responsible for creating the overall application architecture, application component design, and systems integration and implementation. The selected candidate will serve as a leader in the integration of solutions and designing applications. The Application Architect will work closely with NCDOT''''s Enterprise Architects in designing and integrating the overall solution.
• Analyze, define, and document requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, checks and controls
• Architecting solution options in accordance with State and NCDOT Enterprise Architecture and security standards
• Define and document the final application architecture
• Work with the developers to design the components/object/data structure of the application
• Coordinate new systems development to ensure it is consistent and well integrated with existing application systems and COTS solutions
• Analyze and estimate feasibility and compatibility with hardware and other programs
• Provide coordination and leadership for vendor project resources
• Consult with clients to prototype, refine, test, and debug applications to meet needs
• Write and maintain documentation to describe software infrastructure, maintain changes and corrections and review documentation that describes implementation and operating procedures
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements:
• Minimum of seven (7) years experience in advanced technologies
• Minimum of four (4) years experience architecting enterprise technical solutions
• Strong, demonstrated application design and development skills (object-oriented analysis and design techniques)
• NET application design and development, Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft Office 2010
• Business Web applications and Web Services to include design/development
• Demonstrated experience in working with external technology vendors
• Project technical leadership capabilities, design and development oversight
• Experience in design, implementation, and deployment of software applications in large government and law enforcement organizations
• Knowledgeable in all aspects of system integration
• Basic understanding of network systems and hardware
• Confident in developing requirements and design specification for new and existing applications
Additional Preferred Skills
• Experience on large government and/or law enforcement projects
• Working knowledge of NIEM tools and methodologies
• Comprehensive IT analytical skills and strong problem-solving analytical skills
• Working knowledge of various multi-user, multi-tasking operating systems/platforms (Unix/Windows)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, sex or age.