The NC Department of Revenue (DOR) is seeking to fill a short term (approx. 6 month) assignment for a Unix Administrator to build technical environments for the agency’s largest strategic initiative.
The Unix Administrator has the following primary responsibilities:
• Install, configure, and administer WebSphere 6.X and 7.X on non-production and production TIMS environments
• Install, configure, and administer AIX 6.X on non-production and production TIMS environments
• Requesting and configuring SAN allocations
• Build and modify P-Series VIO and LPARS
• Requesting and configuring DNS environment, NFS, SMTP, network interfaces, and firewall rules.
• Troubleshoot and resolve environment and WebSphere application related issues
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements:
• Minimum of ten (10) years of building, configuring and deploying applications in WebSphere in a deployment managed environment; with specific expertise with versions 6.X and 7.X
• Minimum of ten (10) years of experience; with specific expertise in version 6.X.
• Experience with IBM P series servers Power 5, 6, and 7 with VIO
• Experience with IBM ESB
• Experience with Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM)
• Experience with Nagios or similar monitoring tool
• Experience with WIKI
• Working experience with HMC
The vendor must notify the Agency if any portion of the requirements listed in this Task Order are to be outsourced to other countries. Include this information in your Task Order response.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, sex or age.