Configuration Engineer (.Net, C#, SQL)
We have the following 9-12 month+ assignment with our client in Columbia, SC:
Serves as Configuration Engineer on complex new application development and maintenance projects involving Internet technologies in a Microsoft .NET and SQL Server platform. Contractor will be responsible for all build and deployment activities which include managing a continuous build process, developing a suite of automated regression tests, troubleshooting and resolve system, program, and environment problems as needed in test environments. Identifies source of the problem, performs necessary modifications, and tests to ensure that the problem is resolved.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must be willing to work flexible hours as needed to execute builds off-hours.
- Must have SQL and any scripting knowledge.
- Troubleshoot configuration and other problems with the newly released applications.
- Assist in troubleshooting production issues.
- Develops or manages the development of scripts required to compile, assemble, move, and deploy the application across the development, test, and production environments. Development environment is the Microsoft .Net Framework with C# as primary development language, utilizing SQL Server database and web services (SOAP and XML) technology.
- Develops, documents and implements computing configuration management plans and processes.
- Consults with technical support, network administration, and database administration areas to ensure coherent total design of the system and to resolve any technology issues.
- Prepares progress reports and keeps management and users informed.
- Codes non-critical path modules in C# \ ASP .Net during periods where environment support is not needed.
- BS in Computer Science or related field
- 2+ years’ experience in a Windows development environment
- Strong understanding of the design and operational environment of n-tiered architecture applications
- C# development experience.
- SQL Knowledge.
- Knowledge of at least one build tool (MS Build, Cruise Control, Ant, NAnt)
- Knowledge of Version Control software (TFS, Borland StarTeam, PVCS, CVS, VSTS)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem-solving and organizational skills
- Demonstrated aptitude toward an attention to detail
- Ability to interact with all areas of development in a visible role
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, sex or age.