View Job: "Database Administrator"
DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR – experience with both Oracle and DB2
Database Administrator (DBA) with hands on experience in both Oracle and DB2 to provide support of our HR & Payroll systems for the City of New York. Primary responsibilities will be performing DBA support activities on our PeopleSoft Oracle database environments running on AIX. Secondary responsibilities will be performing DBA support activities on our DB2 database environments running on mainframe (Z/OS). Activities for both will include SQL performance monitoring and tuning, DDL changes, Database backups, Recoveries, Reorgs, Unloads, Loads, Stats, and data refresh of test environments. Individual will work closely with application development and testing teams to prepare, monitor and tune database environments during all phases of implementations. S/he should be able to find and resolve problems quickly as well as being comfortable opening and working tickets with vendors, ability to code scripts and JCL to automate processes. Other responsibilities will include installation and migration of Oracle software. Production 24/7 coverage and weekend implementation support are required. Will also need to participate in quarterly Disaster Recovery tests
1. A master's degree in computer science from an accredited college and three years of progressively more responsible, full-time, satisfactory experience using information technology in computer applications programming, systems programming, computer systems development, data telecommunications, database administration, planning of data/information processing, user services, or area networks at least 18 months of this experience must have been in an administrative, managerial or executive capacity in the areas of computer applications programming, systems programming, computer systems development, data telecommunications, data base administration, or planning of data processing or in the supervision of staff performing these duties; or
2. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and four years of experience as described in "1" above; or
3. A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State's department of education or recognized accrediting organization and six years of experience as described in "1" above; or
4. A satisfactory combination of education and experience equivalent to "1", "2" or "3" above. However, all candidates must have at least a four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State's department of education or recognized accrediting organization and must possess at least three years of experience as described in "1" above, including the 18 months of administrative, managerial, executive or supervisory experience as described in "1" above
· 10+ years of Oracle DBA experience
· 7+ years of DB2 mainframe DBA experience
· 5+ years support of PeopleSoft HR database support experience
· Experience with OLTP and Data Warehousing applications
· Experience with Oracle 11G, Oracle RAC, Oracle Grid, PeopleSoft application and architecture, RMAN, AIX Shell scripting, database tuning, and configuration
· Experience with DB2 v9, IBM/DB2 utilities, DB2 Connect, JCL, REXX, TSO/ISPF, and Z/OS utilities.
· Experience with Oracle Transparent Gateway and Netbackup a plus.
· Experience in working with an enterprise wide, large scale implementation.
· Experience working with PeopleSoft implementations in a government or civil service environment.
· Excellent communications skills (Oral and written), interpersonal, and organizational skills are required.
· Experience working within a matrix environment.
More information about Tailwind Associates can be found at www.tailwindassoc.com
Tailwind Associates is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.