View Job: ".Net Developer / Architect"
|Title||.Net Developer / Architect|
Tailwind Associates has the following requirement for thier South Carolina client:
Scheduled work effort will be at least 40 hours per week, with some weeks more than 40 hours. The Contractor is expected be on-call for emergency support as scheduled with the client Program Manager.
The contractor will be placed on a project or projects that utilize all or a subset of the following technology concepts and tools:
· .NET Framework (ASP.net, ADO.net)
· T-SQL (Stored Procedures, Queries)
· HTML, XML, CCS, XSLT
· SQL queries
· Web development
· Custom Web Controls
· XML and XSL Transforms
· Web Services
· Assembly Management (GAC)
· Windows Services
· Web Services Enhancements (WSE)
· IIS basics
· Developer understanding of sql, tsql, table design, queries
· General DBA knowledge
· Remoting Concepts (Distributed applications)
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
1. In conjunction with an SCBOS Project Manager assigned to the projects, the contractor will define and document requirements. The contractor plays a critical role in analysis of business needs and in ensuring the efficiency and effectiveness of this implementation.
2. The contractor will analyze project requirements and recommend techniques, tools, and methodologies to achieve goals. The contractor will design objects, modules, and components to meet business requirements.
3. The contractor will document the system design and detailed technical specifications required for the new applications to be developed, including workflow models, class diagrams, interaction diagrams, component diagrams, deployment diagrams, and other systems documentation.
4. Typical deliverables would be business requirements constituting a specification of what the business wants or what technology options are available. Contractor is expected to provide functional and non-functional requirements to SCBOS project managers, including but not limited to white papers, report specifications, traceability matrices. Additionally, contractor is to present expected benefits, such as reduction in cycle time, personnel savings, and any hard dollar savings for any enhancement requests other than ones mandated by legislation
5. The contractor will consult with technical support, network administration, and database administration areas to ensure coherent total design of the system and to resolve any technology issues. The contractor will participate in the design of file layouts and SQL database structures.
6. The contractor will develop new web applications primarily using C#. Some applications will require mainframe interfaces. In those instances, the contractor will create upload and download files that can be utilized by the mainframe or the C# web application involved in the process.
7. A separate test environment will be setup. The contractor will fully test and debug all applications prior to use in a production environment. The contractor will work with SCBOS team members to insure correct migration of all applications.
8. The contractor will provide support to users during Acceptance Testing.
9. The contractor will be the reviewer for a structured walk-through (process reviews) for each phase of the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) for web applications developed to verify standards were followed and to advise where they were not followed.
10. The contactor will prepares progress reports and keep management and users informed.
11. Develops and maintains architecture models for large, integrated, mission critical applications that support the operations of enterprise applications. Designs component structures and relationships, builds architecture framework based on thorough understanding of agencies or enterprise’s core business processes and stakeholder requirements.
12. Utilizes cutting-edge application technologies such as services oriented architecture (SOA), workflow engines and business rules engines to build secure high-performance, highly maintainable application architectures. Performs in-depth research; maintains currency with industry trends. Recommends application development technologies and techniques.
13. Serves as a senior consultant to applications and systems analysts in the design and development of application components within the architectural framework. Maintains design rules; participates in high-level reviews of application designs.
14. Works with senior analysts across multiple agencies to develop architecture frameworks for Enterprise applications. Utilizes state-of-the-art technologies for assembling loosely coupled application architectures, such as SOA, to enable components on disparate platforms to work together as a single application.
15. Perform related duties as required.
Thorough knowledge of C#, Microsoft .Net platform applications, or Database environment in the context of a large multi-platform enterprise, including operating systems, application development tools, graphical user interface (GUI) design, security procedures and performance considerations. Microsoft Team Foundation preferred. Previous work with SC State Agencies preferred, notably Department of Revenue, Secretary of State, DHEC, ESC or SCBOS. Ab
Tailwind Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer